For More Details on How to Read Your Electricity Bill, CLICK HERE
LOW USAGE (500 kWh based Rate)
AVERAGE USAGE(1000 kWh based Rate)
HIGH USAGE (2000 kWh based Rate)
Texas Electricity Deregulation Facts
The deregulation of the Texas electricity market allows companies other than your local utility compete for your business. Here's what you need to know about electricity deregulation:
- Electricity deregulation in Texas became official on January 1, 2002.
- Under deregulation, you can opt to purchase your electricity service from a Retail Electricity Provider (REP) that sources your electricity and sends you your bill.
- Here on ElectricityTexas, you can compare offers from all of the top companies in Texas on just one page.
- If you choose a new provider, your power is still transferred over the same power lines from the local utility. All that really changes is your electricity rate, your customer service and your bill.
- Deregulation is under affect in most areas of Texas, but there are still some pockets that do not have the power to choose their own providers yet.
- REPs compete on price, service and the ability to provide alternative services such as renewable energy.
- Texas deregulation promotes competition among REPs, which in turn, spurs competitive pricing.
- Since the introduction of deregulated electricity in Texas, many new providers have entered the market, giving you many options.
- The Texas Public Utilities Commission continues to monitor and regulate the delivery of electricity to ensure all consumers are protected.
- Many REPs offer promotions and loyalty plans that can help you save even more on your electricity bill.
- There are providers that offer 100% renewable energy products that can help you reduce your carbon footprint while you save.
Enter your address now to discover what options are available in your area.