For More Details on How to Read Your Electricity Bill, CLICK HERE
LOW USAGE (500 kWh based Rate)
AVERAGE USAGE(1000 kWh based Rate)
HIGH USAGE (2000 kWh based Rate)
How to Order Online from ElectricityTexas
Ordering electricity service in Texas doesn't have to be a hassle.
ElectricityTexas has made it a breeze to find a great rate and order
your service in minutes so you can get on to more important things
in your life.
Here's how it works:
- Enter your address to find which electric companies serve your specific area of town.
- Select up to three electricity plans at a time so you can compare rates, energy source and customer service benefits side-by-side.
- Choose the plan that fits your needs and budget and fill out all the required information on the order page and click "Submit" to send the order to the provider.
- You will be shown the status of your order, the order date and time and the web address where you can log back into to track your order. The electric company you chose should respond to your order within one to three business days.
- If you are interested in more than one provider, please do not make multiple orders, as this slows the process down. The last provider to submit a request to ERCOT is the one that will process the order. If you have a provider in mind that you really want for your electricity service, order with that one first and wait for approval.
Important Things to Keep in Mind After You Place Your Order
You can go to the "My Orders" section of your account to view important information like the status of your order, the order date and time, and the Web site address where you can track your orders. You can also view and print out the Terms of Service disclosure.
Please note, if you are moving and have decided to sign up with a new provider, you need to contact your old provider to disconnect your service. If you are switching providers and staying at the same house, you do not need to contact your current electricity provider.
If you have been accepted for a switch request, the actual switch of providers will occur within seven business days. Your old provider will continue to send you a bill until the service switch has been completed.
ElectricityTexas.com is NOT your electricity company. ElectricityTexas only allows you to connect or switch your service. If you have questions about your service (billing, payments, disconnections, etc.), you must contact your electric company. See your electricity bill for contact information. Contact ElectricityTexas customer service by calling 1-877-236-5932.