Benefits of Month-to-Month Electricity Plans
Month-to-month electricity plans have rates that are based on current energy market conditions. While a fixed rate locks you into one rate for a specified time, month-to-month rates allow you to take advantage of lowering energy rates. If you watch the energy market and switch at the right times, you could save big with a month-to-month plan.
There are two different types of month-to-month rates available today:
- A variable rate changes at the discretion of the provider based on market conditions.
- An indexed rate fluctuates based a published formula and is usually pegged to an energy index.
Both of these types of electricity plans have the same benefits:
- The flexibility of not having a long-term contract with a specific company.
- The ability to take advantage of lowering energy rates.
- No termination fees if you need to stop electricity service at your home or just want to switch providers.
If you're ready to start shopping for a variable rate electricity or indexed rate electricity, simply enter your address and you can find a variety of plans from different providers that serve your area. When you order through ElectricityTexas, your new service will start within just seven business days.